Monday, June 25, 2007

Sam at The Pool


Its one thing to have a child with special needs, but it is quite another to have a child with special needs that has health compromises as well. Aside from the obvious heartache, the everyday enjoyment of life gets thrown out the window as well because you are basically stuck in the house all day long waiting for therapists, going to doctors.... I can't just throw Sam in the car seat and go because he chokes all the time on his own saliva. I need someone with me if I want to do anything out of the house with my child. This totally sucks because in my past life I was always out and about. I never considered myself a home body. I always had places to go and people to see. I was a mover and a shaker. Now I'm a sitter and a squatter. So Sunday morning I woke up with a ton of energy, kicked my husband out of bed and said, "We're going to N.J." We took Sam to see his girlfriend. Sam went swimming for the first time and loved it!!! His girlfriend loved Scott and was all over him. Sam does not like sharing his Daddy with anyone. Completely appropriate for an 11 month old Sam got jealous and kept hitting and pushing her away from his Daddy. I was very impressed. But most importantly Sam did not end up in the hospital or sick from this visit. We only ventured out with Sam for pleasure two other times. Both those experiences ended up with Sam being extremely ill, but not this time. Thank god for small miracles.

1 comment:

jch said...

What a cool (no pun intended) experience to get Sam out and for him to handle it so well. Yea!