Sunday, March 23, 2008

Correction...

Sorry if I misinformed people. Sam definitely had a stricture/ blockage where formula could not pass despite the type it was. After the stricture had subsided Sam continued to have difficulty but of a different kind. He was more bloated and gassy and pretty much uncomfortable. At that point we were only feeding him 15ccs/hr. We needed to get him up to 30 in order to get home, but because of his discomfort we could not advance and this was on Wed. Thursday I spoke with another mom, whom I wrote about, that mentioned the difference in absorption between my formula (Peptamin Jr. unflavored) and the formula the hospital gave us (Peptamin Jr. vanilla flavored). Once I went home to get my formula which was right after I spoke to her Sam immediately began to tolerate 30 ccs over a 12 hour period. That is why we got to go home Friday. Had we have given him the unflavored formula starting Tues. we probably could have gotten him home Wed. night. Either way it all worked out and everything is fine.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

yea! Finally some normality again! talk to you later!