Friday, January 11, 2008

A little of this and a little of that...

Sam has made some nice progress over the past few months despite his chronic respiratory infections. He is moving around much more and is standing leaning against furniture and toys when he's put in the position. Actually today he did this for about 5 minutes without falling or losing his balance. He is also sitting and playing with toys when placed into sitting. He is trying to transfer himself into sitting and can do so with minimal assistance. Sam is also nodding his head for yes when asked do you want "this" or "more" of something. He is smiling more socially now and is really expressing himself vocally. As long as Sam stays healthy I believe he will continue to make progress on his own time of course.

Sam also had some fun visitors this week. His cousins Sal and Nicky came to play on tues. and his cousin Juliana came to play today. Of course I did not take one picture. The kids were great with Sam it was really cute to see. And Sam was just enamoured with all of them.

Scott... Not sure if I mentioned that Scott is really kicking major butt at work. He got a promotion for the New Year and Sam and I could not be more proud. Scott gets up at 6ish every morning gets into work by 7-7:30, does not get home until at least 7pm (lately its been more like 10 or 11), then wants to bathe Sam and put him to bed. And on the weekends all he wants to do is carryover all of Sam's therapy and play with his little boy. In addition to that he is always thanking me and telling me how wonderful I am to do what I do everyday. Amazing...

Me... Class is almost over YEAH......! Two more to go and the last class is the final. The amount of work one has to put into teaching a grad class is crazy. I feel like I'm back in grad school. However, this is more fun because I get to stand up and listen to myself talk for about 3 1/2 hours. The best part is my class has to listen to me too or they get a bad grade. Oh and their final (these poor girls, tut, tut, tut) is so hard, I almost feel bad for them. The girls really ticked me off last week because none of them read the assigned readings. So when this happens instead of having discussion I'm lecturing and answering the same ridiculous questions over and over again. "This is graduate school people you have to read, we don't just give out degrees here." So I am teaching the girls a little lesson this week. I am giving them a pop quiz based on the reading for this Sunday's class, all or nothing. If anyone gets all of the questions right they get 5 bonus points on their final if they get any wrong, NUTIN'.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

You go girl!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear!!

Anonymous said...

Babies LOVE other kids--and puppies, it's some kind of natural affinity. Glad to see Sam's having a great winter and I hope this is a good year for all of you. Always a pleasure to have you pop by my blog for a coffee and chat.

Take care...

Debbie said...

Sooooo glad I'm not taking your course...I only go to grad schools where they just hand out degrees.

Sam is so lucky to have 2 parnets so involved in his day to day. He is doing as well as he is because of you two and that is that.

Keep it up handsome boy!