Wednesday, November 21, 2007

OYE!!!

OK so we made it to NJ in one piece, but it hasn't been easy. We had our first session with Ramon on Sunday and it was wonderful. Sam did really well both Sunday and Monday. Then Monday evening Sam began to have some upper airway issues. A lot of coughing and sneezing, runny nose etc... P.S. I was beyond exhausted and did not have a nurse that night. So of course Sam did not sleep not one wink. He also began to run fever, blah, blah, blah. I felt so defeated. With all of the planning we did to make this week happen so that Sam may have a chance to develop some of his gross motor skills he gets sick. I was beyond sickened by this and just felt like giving up completely. I mean what's the point when all you do is run, run, run just to have everything blow up in your face over and over again. I was ready to throw in the towel and go home. I mean with no sleep for the past 2 weeks and feeling this defeated what else would one do. I think at this point all I wanted was a shower. Once I showered and cleared my head I decided to just wait everything out. So we cancelled Tuesdays appointment and this morning Sam woke up much better. Thankfully we were able to keep our appointment for today and god willing we will for tomorrow and Friday. If I can ever figure out how to download video I will try and post it so everyone can see. Please continue to pray for Sam to stay healthy so that he can participate in the last 2 sessions. Thank you all for reading and being with us through all of our adventures. Have a happy and a healthy holiday.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

I am so glad to hear you got in and are working on things. You must be exhausted!!!

Anonymous said...

We're all praying for Sam and I am even ready to come over for few days to help you get some sleep, just let me know...
Hugs
Irit Israel.
P/s: Maybe you should adopt a different attitude...think that all children destroy constantly their parents plans (not only children with special needs)so it is always frustrating. Think that there is nothing that you can't catch back and there is time for everything where there is motivation & devotions & love ...in Hebrew we use a saying "all delays are for the benefit of someone" and there always be a major gap between what we all want & hope to be able to give to what we actually can ....
Love again
and don't hesitate to call for our support anytime

Unknown said...

Stay strong, I know it's hard but remember how far Sam has come and he couldn't have done it without his parents.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!