Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Thank You !

This entry is long over due. I am dedicating this entry to all of our friends and family. Scott and I feel truly blessed to have such supportive family and friends. We certainly could not do what we do everyday if it wasn't for all of you. Just knowing that we are in every one's thoughts and prayers helps us to lift our chins and get through another day. So many of you have demonstrated such tremendous acts of kindness and we are humbled by all of them. We definitely feel loved by all of you.
We appreciate that no one has ever given up on us. When Sam was first born I was in a very dark place. I wanted to take my child and hide in a closet some where. I didn't want to see anyone and certainly did not want to talk to anyone. And those of you that I did reach out to came running to me. And those of you I didn't stood back and waited patiently for the word. Sometimes just standing back and being patient takes more effort than actually doing something. I acknowledged that.
Some days I am just so positive and some days I am so negative and some days I am in between. On the very negative days I pray that god gives me the strength to get through those moments. And then a tremendous gesture from one of you let's us know that we are not alone. Sunday I was having a little bit of a down day. Scott's parents came over and brought lunch from my favorite place. I worked at this restaurant through high school and College. When David (the owner) found out that the food was for us he insisted that he treat because he knew how hard it would be for Scott and I to go there. This act of kindness touched us so deeply. It let's us know we are not alone. It reminds us that no matter how hard our struggles are you all are holding our hands through each and every day. The love that you all have for us is so incredible it helps carry us through each moment with hope and with out fear. So on behalf of Scott, Sam and myself we say thank you all so very much!!!

9 comments:

Paige said...

Carrie,
I saw Scott this morning and I told him that I read your blog. I just want to tell you that we think that you are TRULY remarkable! We think about you often. Sam is so blessed to have such special parents like you and Scott. This world should have more people as amazing as the two of you are! You're an inspiration!!!!!

Vasca said...

Don't know you but began reading your blogs...I've used your familiy in classes I'm teaching a group of women your age...you're an inspiration to all of us. You're more than entitled to some "down days" but you stay up amazingly high!!! Sam is blessed to have you & Scott; you're blesed to have Sam...you three are totally amazing. You're loved!!!

Barbara said...

You said it so well Carrie! You make me want to do the same...

XO
Barb

Unknown said...

We take from you so much of inspiration; strength, hope, love & dreams that you can't possibly think of, and for sure, not less than what you benefit from all those who love you & surround you guys.
...So sometimes we feel we need to say thank you for been so wonderful and so lovable and for been open enough to allow us to be a part of your life \world.
Love& Hugs
Irit Israel

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
I would not have it any other way. You have been in my life for over 20 years and you are my sister. I can always count on you for everything and you still manage to comfort me through my ups and downs, but you my dear are the BEST!!! The best mommy, wife, sister, friend, and person I have ever encountered. Scott you are not so bad yourself(wink wink) I will always make sure to have artichoke dip for you everytime you come over and Sam what can I say but MWAH!!!xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Love ani nicole

Anonymous said...

Carrie, what can I say? You are my family. I love you guys! XOXOX-Kelly

Anonymous said...

We can never say thank you enough to you, for all you have done for us in the past. And in the present, the great lessons you share endlessly with us, can never be repaid.

So we say thank you to you, not the other way around!

Hugs
Alise

Anonymous said...

Screw that!! Your Welcome...
Okay, Okay, Just kidding... Alise said it the best and so for once I'm lost for words.
Love ya kiddo.

Unknown said...

We all love you soooooooooooooooooooooo much.

Nicole S.