Monday, January 11, 2010

Where Did Your Smile Go???

Sam has not been himself for over a month now. He has been teething. He's been sick. He seems just overall weaker and disconnected. I can count on one hand the number of times he's smiled in the past month. Sam has also been whimpering a ton and just has this general "I give up" look on his face. We have taken him to every doctor. He has been poked prodded, bloods have been drawn twice... I want my baby back.

Next week we go to Duke for the rest of his stem cell infusion. I should be more excited but its hard for me to feel hopeful and excitement when all I feel is fear and anxiety.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hopefully this is just a phase and maybe once the teething subsides he'll buck up. Whiskey dahling -- whiskey! It'll make everyone smile!!!

It's ok not to be so excited -- you've been there once and it's not a mystery this go round. Hopefully it will bring wonderful things for Sam and his beautiful, supportive and loving family!!!!

Love you guys and it was truly a treat to see you lastnite, Car! xoxo